Community Forums 

Main Content

PayPal Merchant Protection

Dec 01 2017 13:24:42

Alive & Well

I recently started taking PayPal. I have received an order that says it doesn't qualify for merchant protection, most do and some say nothing. How do I set it up so they all will have merchant protection? Most of my sales are high $$$ so I don't want to chance chargebacks if I can help it since I have had a chargebacks in the past even though the address matched and delivery was confirmed. Customer claimed they "had no part in the transaction and someone used their card fraudulently" although they ordered by phone and we had a 3-way conversation with Amex (conversation recorded by them) who gave the approval code and told me repeatedly it was ok to do the transaction. Then Amex didn't back me up.

Dec 02 2017 20:10:58

Debbie Q

This is the exact reason I will not take AMEX on my website. I was burned twice by them. They will always side with the customer no mater how much proof you show them.

I think there are filters in PayPal to rule out certain orders. It WILL cut your income tho.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Dec 02 2017 20:22:51

Alive & Well

Thank you Debbie.

I noticed that your site isn't responsive, unless there is a separate one for phones and other devices. If you need help building a responsive site, I can help with that. Yours would be a really awesome site to do because it has so many items = pictures = moving parts. I could make it look almost identical if not identical to what you have.

Dec 05 2017 05:20:59

Debbie Q

Check your private messages. :)

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.