Community Forums 

Main Content

How to not charge shipping on some items

Dec 11 2017 02:40:30

Sandro

I have a store with some items that are charged shipping.

However another page (using an HTML Form) has items we want to include shipping in the price. How to I override the shipping calculator I have in pace now just for this page of items? Here is the code thus far wich wokrs but is adding shipping in the cart:

<form action="http://ww8.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm?userid=A9337779"; method="post" target="_blank">
    <table border="0" width="300" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="5" align="center" table-layout="fixed">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td align="center" valign="top" width="300" table-layout="fixed">
    <input name="price" type="hidden" value="21.99">
    <input name="noship" type="hidden" value="21.99">
    <p>Choose your cookie and we'll ship you 2 Mylks Cookie Jars made with that Cookie choice!</p>
    <select name="product[]">
    <option selected>Choose one option</option>
    <option value="2 Chocolate Chip Cookie Jars">2 Chocolate Chip Cookie Jars</option>
    <option value="2 Snickerdoodle Cookie Jars">2 Snickerdoodle Cookie Jars</option>
    <option value="2 Sugar-Sugar Cookie Jars">2 Sugar-Sugar Cookie Jars</option>
    </select>
    <input type="SUBMIT" value="Add to Cart" /></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </form>

Thanks!

Dec 11 2017 07:44:40

Alan

This will depend on the shipping calculator you are using and the basis for charging. It appears to be order value.

If you are using Mals standard shipping options 3, 5, or 7 with the units=price box checked, you can specify noship with a value of 1 for the free shipping products.

If using something else, then change to charging based on units value and give products a units value equal to their price with 'free shipping' products having a value of 0.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/