Community Forums 

Main Content

my account problem

Sep 10 2008 16:04:52

cassie75

i registered for the forum but now the forum login email is in the username on the home page and I cant get rid of it.

i only want to use "my account" for the forum not for my carts. I find it much longer and fiddlier to login to my carts via "my account".

But now I can't login at all unless i go to another page (such as features) and click the login link at the top of that page. then it goes to the login page but i can't get the list of accounts up like i used to when you click in the box (unless you refresh and click in there quckly). but you can still do that on the home page but not now my email address is in there.

how do i get rid of the username on the home page and get the login box back again? And yes I have tried login out.

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Sep 10 2008 18:49:11

Debbie Q

Have you tried clicking the link that says "Sign in as a different user" under the sign in on the home page? You can also get into your cart through the My Account page.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 11 2008 21:41:25

cassie75

I didn't even see the 'sign in as different user" as it is very close below the "I cannot access my account" link which is in the same font so assumed it was just part of that link.

Clicking that link takes out one click - ie clicking a link at top of page and then login page. But it still only takes me to the login page which I have to refresh to be able to see my list of carts. I think I put that in my original post but as I can't see that post while I am typing this that it might be wrong :-(

What I really need is the home page to have a login box or be able to completly log out of the my account name which I only want to use for the forum.

I know I could do it through my account but i find that much more clunky and time consuming than just using the login that was on the home page. I think I put that in my original post too but ....... (ditto from above) And I only actually registered for the forum under that username - i had no option as that is the only way to post on the forum now.

Sep 12 2008 17:19:00

Debbie Q

I personally made my a bookmark with a direct link to my cart. One click gets me in.

https://www.mals-e.com/login.php?user=123456&pass=XXXXXXXXXXXX

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 13 2008 15:35:22

cassie75

yep that works - have 4 set up in a drop down list in my favourites/links

Any way of doing the link so it gets into the old admin instead of having the scroll sideways to click the link to old admin?