Community Forums 

Main Content

Shipping, how do I set it up to this value

Sep 11 2008 18:22:31

Kristie

I am totally stuck on the shipping portion of cart setup as the options are not making sense to me. I simply want to set my shipping accordingly:''

$30 or less - $6
    $30.01 to $100 - $8.50
    $100.01 to $200 - $11
    Over $200 - email for ship rate

Can I do this in the cart options, I do not get which option I need and how or where to set these values.

Other then doing it that way, if not able, does anyone know of a free real time USPS shipping calculator that I can code into my cart.

Thanks in advance..

Sep 11 2008 19:06:48

Alan

Most may be done with standard shipping, option 7 and checking the units=price box.

UNITS COST
    30 ____ 6 __________ 30 or less 6
    70 ____ 2.50 ________ up to 100 8.50
    100 ___ 2.50 ________ up to 200 11
    then it becomes more difficult

Short of putting a silly amount and using the message field alongside in the cart to say email and ask, I'm not sure what you do. Are you charging credit cards online or offline?

As far as the USPS calculator is concerned, if you have a Premium account one is provided with the cart.

Sep 11 2008 19:47:10

Kristie

Edited: Edited: I wondered if it was done in that portion of the page, but it seemed that is was only geared to number of items rather then total value of items. I have never done this before and this is the second time I have tried to set up the store, the first time using Zen Cart that is offered with my domain, and that is the most unfriendly user shopping cart, I was lost in that thing.

I plan on upgrading to premium, but first wanted to see how the store did, as it is a brand new store and probably not going to be found by web surfers that easily, so I think it is just going to be a hit and miss as to how well it does, at least for awhile until I get up there in the search engines. It may be a total flop because no one is ever seeing the store.

Oh, and I want to use credit card processing, but I did not qualify for paypals pro deal and I cannot find a service that does not charge a set up fee, which I just cannot afford at the moment, so I am totally foregoing credit card payments I guess.

I just was not sure what amount to set for $200 and up, I kind of took these amounts from another company whose products I sell through an affiliate program and they also use this cart and that is their shipping amounts calculated in. Any suggestions?

Sep 11 2008 20:33:27

Kristie

Alan,
    Am I doing this in the shipping zone table, because I am still a bit lost. If so, what goes in the 'Name of zone field" (based on up to $30 is $6 shipping), then what goes in unit field (30?) and then cost field would be (6)? I am still not sure in the way you put it, because you have four fields and there are only three in the zone table. Sorry to be such a pest.

Sep 11 2008 23:05:24

Kristie

I have figured it out in going by a post of yours in the old forum, that one is finally working right. Now it is the tax that I am pulling my hair out over.