Community Forums 

Main Content

Geez, lol, how do I get back to my cart settings

Sep 11 2008 19:57:10

Kristie

I am lost. I was working on my cart settings and came to the forum to ask for help. I had to make a new id and password to use the forum and I added my cart to that account, and now I cannot get back to my cart. All I get is the forum log in and not my other log in. How do I get back there so I can finish doing my configurations? Thanks

Sep 11 2008 21:57:37

cassie75

Welcome to the new EASIER Mals.

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Sep 12 2008 00:47:54

tom g

Click on the My Account link on the top right. If you are logged in should show your account with a link - either login or save password. Just click on the link.

If your cart account does not show, click on the Add a cart to this account link on the right.

Sep 12 2008 01:01:57

Kristie

It doesnt show any link. It just shows account information and the add a shopping cart. I already added my shopping cart when I set up the forum account. I realize that it is actually two separate entities, but even when I log out of the forum so I can log into my shopping cart administration, it does not want to give me a clear log in box to do that with, the log in has the id already prefilled with my forum log in id and I cannot remove it to put in my shopping cart id. So I have no way to to get to the shopping cart log in. I am fortunite right now in that I happen to have two browsers open , one with my forum and one with my shopping cart, but if I close them I am worried that I will not be able to get back in again. And maybe that is why it is not giving me a clear log in field, because I am already logged in. I dont know. I will find out when I log out of both I assume.

Sep 12 2008 01:46:30

Debbie Q

When you sign into your My Account it gives you a link to click to go to your cart. It will store the password and everything so you do not have to enter it again. Very helpful if you have several carts. If all you see is the name of your site then the window is closed with the rest of the information. To the right of the name of the site is there a little orange arrow. Click that and it opens up with all the info for the cart including the log in link.

There is also a link on the home page under the sign in that says "Sign in as a different user" If you click that it clears your sign in name.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 12 2008 04:31:10

Kristie

To the right of the name of the site there is a little orange arrow but it does not do anything, it is not even a link. Leave it to mine to be messed up.

Sep 12 2008 06:19:17

Neil

I had the same issue, emailed Mal, and then eventually it worked. If you have added your shopping cart to the new My Account, when you log in it should be listed on the first page you see, and next to your cart user name / id number should either be (login) or (save password). If this is not the case then I suggest you contact Mal for assistance.

I can understand your frustration though. What used to be such an easy to use, simple web site / forum and shopping cart facility is now somewhat hit and miss. I really miss the style of the old forum where you could set your local time etc. and see what was new or when it was posted. I guess nothing stays the same forever...

Sep 12 2008 17:23:03

Debbie Q

I personally made my a bookmark with a direct link to my cart. One click gets me in.

https://www.mals-e.com/login.php?user=123456&pass=XXXXXXXXXXXX

Debbie Q

Sep 13 2008 00:56:12

Neil

That's very interesting, Debbie, and it works for me as well, although I have some reservations about the password being hardcoded into a bookmark.

Sep 13 2008 02:50:56

Debbie Q

Well, I didn't really do a bookmark. I made am html page on my PC with it on it and I am the only one who uses my computer.

Debbie Q