Community Forums 

Main Content

Forum

Sep 11 2008 21:48:59

cassie75

Edited: In the old forum when someone replied to a post then that post was put at the top of the forum.

This one doesn't seem to do that - or am i missing something.

Ok it is fine at the moment to look through 2 pages to find new replies to posts but as it grows and with the way it is set up (without seperate topics) then it is going to get very, very confusing to try to follow which have been replied to and some replies will get ignored because they are to a relatively old post but may be very important.

Plus, the old cart showed which posts had been read and which ones hadn't. Is this something that will be happening soon?

And how do we change the time zone? Mine says it's 4.59pm when actually it is 23.01pm

When you have viewed a topic how do you get back to the forum without using your back button and without going right back to the beginning where the 3 forums are noted?

BTW - The edit post button image is not showing - just a red cross.

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Sep 12 2008 01:26:22

Debbie Q

All very good questions. These things are all very much a problem. Most Mal is aware of and is working on to fix. Please email him these things directly as he does not always have time to read the forums.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 13 2008 15:32:17

cassie75

You mean no-body else has bothered to email him yet? Surely I'm not the first to notice all this !

He is getting fed up with me emailing him because I am really struggling with this new 'my account' thing and am finding it much harder to use than before. Couple that with the new admin area which doen'st work with my size of screen/res which he has refused to move the link to the old admin area to the other side of the page so it is easier for us! So not sure he will be too happy with me emailing him about more things 'wrong' if no-body else has seen them. Everytime I email him about something he just says 'no-body else has complained'.

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Sep 13 2008 16:15:49

Debbie Q

We have been emailing him but the more people that tell him what is wrong the more likely he will do something about it. The forum is pretty close to being useless and many volunteer helpers are dropping out because the problems are not getting fixed. At least not the most important ones.

cassie75 said: You mean no-body else has bothered to email him yet? Surely I'm not the first to notice all this !

He is getting fed up with me emailing him because I am really struggling with this new 'my account' thing and am finding it much harder to use than before. Couple that with the new admin area which doen'st work with my size of screen/res which he has refused to move the link to the old admin area to the other side of the page so it is easier for us! So not sure he will be too happy with me emailing him about more things 'wrong' if no-body else has seen them. Everytime I email him about something he just says 'no-body else has complained'.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 16 2008 13:31:00

Neil

I have sent a few emails also. I guess Mal doesn't think the Forum is important enough to function correctly. It's a real shame that it has taken such a backward step and so many folks are leaving.

In my last email I alerted Mal to the problems of posting, where sometimes half the message disappears, and all the formatting issues and functions that don't seem to work. I also asked him to come and read some of the posts and see how unhappy we all are. I must admit I really can't see why Mal would be convinced to purchase such a crappy software program or script ot whatever it is that attempts to run this forum. He has always been so progressive and up to date with technology in the past, but this current forum has to rank with the worst I have ever seen.

I also asked if he could perhaps integrate the old forum into here or upgrade to one of the modern forum software packages available these days. I guess we will see.

Sep 16 2008 15:00:41

Neil

I wonder what hap