Community Forums 

Main Content

Totally Confused

May 28 2009 05:15:09

Mightec

I am a beginner and totally confused with what I can see is a great product.

I seem to have two accounts, Shopping Cart and My Account, why do I need two accounts? When do I use the Shopping Cart account and when do I use My Account?

Also I seem to have been asked to create a Payment Password, why do I need to do this?.

May 28 2009 13:51:23

Debbie Q

My Account is your account with Mal. It is basicly your main account. Your billing information is there if you have a premium cart. There is a link to your shopping cart admin there. If you have more than one cart you can have links to all of them in one place. Your shopping cart Admin is where you setup your cart and retrieve your orders. If you are collecting credit card information to process orders manually you need the payment password to get the CC information.

For what it's worth I agree that having both "My Account" and the shopping cart admin is confusing. Mal thinks it's better and more secure.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

May 28 2009 14:17:30

Mightec

Thanks, once again Debbie, that really helps. I am now getting to grips with it all.