Community Forums 

Main Content

Discount & Gift Vouchers

Jun 28 2009 13:14:28

LazyCarrot

I think i foresee a problem using a combination of Discount and Gift Vouchers.
    I want to offer a Discount Voucher with an 'alias' say 'July Promo' giving a straight 10% off.

However I also offer Gift Vouchers for sale through my WebSite so..
    If someone purchased a Gift Voucher using the Discount Voucher code they'd get 10% off.
    But if they then made a purchase using the Gift Voucher and the Discount Voucher - they'd get another 10% off (ie 20% in all)

Is it possible to arrange to exclude a product code from the Discount Voucher? (i don't think so),
    or arrange so that customers can't enter a Discount Voucher And a Gift Voucher in the same order?

Or, of course, any other solution?

Jun 28 2009 15:40:02

Debbie Q

Unfortunately none that I know of. Sometimes you just need to post a statement on your site and police the orders. I am sure this is not a common thing that will happen.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Jun 28 2009 20:48:55

LazyCarrot

Thanks Debbie...

Actually I find having two separate boxes for Discount and Gift Vouchers in the shopping basket a bit 'clumsy'. I don't think it's that intuitive for customers and I'd much rather have a single Voucher box for both types of Vouchers. It's pretty standard for retailers to exclude gift vouchers from their promo's. On the other hand, i can also see why people would want it the way it is too. Hmm, if Mal's looking in - could we have an option on that?

Jun 28 2009 21:11:32

Debbie Q

I agree. I don't care for the 2 boxes. The customers get confused as to which one to use. Perhaps email Mal with your request. The more people that complain the more likely something will get changed.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.