Community Forums 

Main Content

Local and Global shipping how to separate?

Jul 05 2009 15:30:39

Timothy I. Koen

First of all I am not afraid of HTML :) I use it on my shopping cart, but that's a different problem.

I have some hard good products that I sell ONLY in the U.S. For those items I need to use the shipping zones. I select U.S. only for my countries. That way I don't need to deal with international orders.

I also have downloadable products that I can sell world wide. For those I usually use PayPal straight up. Until today I have had no problem. Seems a zip file I sold wouldn't open. I then tried to fix the problem and did not find my old button in PayPal.

So I thought wouldn't it be nice if I could set up another shipping zone just for downloadable products that I could sell worldwide. The downloadable products would not have shipping or tax added and be available world wide.

So what I need to do is have some stuff available in the U.S. only and other stuff available world wide.

Okay I've been looking for a tutorial on how to do this. Any clues, anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Tim Koen

Jul 05 2009 17:24:45

Debbie Q

Since your downloadable products have no shipping why do they need a shipping zone setup?

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Jul 05 2009 18:36:31

Timothy I. Koen

Debbie thanks for asking. No the downloadable products don't need a shipping zone, but the hard goods do. I can only sell the hard goods in the U.S. but I can sell the downloadable products world wide. I don't want to restrict my whole shopping cart to just the U.S. Just the hard goods. I was hoping I could set up a shipping zone that was U.S. ONLY. Is that doable? Or do I need a new cart to do that?

Any ideas?

Tim

Tim Koen