Community Forums 

Main Content

Downloadable products and PayPal?

Jul 08 2009 14:51:17

Timothy I. Koen

I set up a free cart just for downloadable products. I am using PayPal and Standard Payment method.

If someone pays through PayPal how will I be sure PayPal redirects them to my download page? Do I have to buy the product myself to test this? do I need to do anything out of the ordinary to make this work?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Tim Koen

Jul 08 2009 15:51:58

Debbie Q

The only way to test it is to have someone purchase the product from you. I don't believe PayPal lets you purchase from yourself. If you have PayPal setup so it returns to the cart then it should work fine.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Jul 13 2009 18:06:44

B3rnie

Timothy I. Koen said: I set up a free cart just for downloadable products. I am using PayPal and Standard Payment method.

If someone pays through PayPal how will I be sure PayPal redirects them to my download page? Do I have to buy the product myself to test this? do I need to do anything out of the ordinary to make this work?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Hi Tim,
    As you already have your site setup for downloads, could you let me know how you did this - I am trying to set a site up for mp3 downloads (also using Paypal).

Berenice