Community Forums 

Main Content

PayPal Pro shipping label confirmation/messages not being delivered

Sep 16 2008 20:08:27

Ice

Hello! We upgraded to PayPal Pro a few weeks ago, and love the benefits. We also use PayPal for printing our customer shipping labels.

Our purchase receipts from Mal's shopping cart go to our customers just fine, of course. But our PayPal shipping label e-mail information/confirmations bounce back to us - they don't go through to our customers automatically. We've been forwarding them by hand after we cut-and-paste the customer's e-mail address.

We use PayPal exclusively for our shipping labels. Since our customers no longer have to have a PayPal account in order to purchase from our Web site, is there any way the shipping label information/confirmation e-mails can once again go directly to our customers, instead of us having to manually forward it to them?

We've contacted PayPal - they say since we're using a third-party cart system, to check with our cart host. Everything is set up correctly in our shopping cart, etc. settings in Mal's... any ideas, or is this just a fact of life now with PayPal Pro? Thanks in advance!

Sep 16 2008 20:45:31

Debbie Q

You might want to e-mal Mal directly on this. He does not usually read all the posts here. ms@Mals-e.com

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 17 2008 07:42:44

Mal Stewart

Edited: The whole idea of PayPal Pro is that it gives you an opportunity to offer your customers a credit card payment option for people who do not want to pay, for what ever reason, via PayPal. So for PayPal to then send an email to your customer after they have paid could/would be really annoying for some of them, especially given that they didn't know the payment was really via PayPal!

If you don't mind people knowing it is PayPal then you might as well just use PayPal standard instead and save yourself some money too.

The assumption is it is the cart's job to communicate with the customer, that the cart will send the customer a receipt. And of course it can do that.

Best,

Mal Stewart

Mal's E-commerce Ltd
    http://www.mals-e.com

Sep 18 2008 17:52:15

Debbie Q

The reason Pro is still better than Standard is because the customer is not aware of PayPal upfront when they are making their payment. It is also simpler for the customer. The Shipping notifications really have nothing to do with the payment and would be nice to be able for those to happen if you want it too. PayPal does give you the option to turn that off for the people that wish PayPal to stay out of the picture.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.