Community Forums 

Main Content

Re:Help With Shipping Please!!!!

Sep 17 2008 05:25:36

GT

Amy said: Hello! I am having major problem with setting up my shipping, and I do not know what I am doing wrong. I have picked option seven, with two feilds, one for lower 48 states and one for the other. I have all five feilds filled out, with 0-10 an amount, 10-20 an amount, and so forth. I have the last on "the rest" marked as 12.95 for shipping. I have the box by option seven clicked to turn units into dollars also, so it is zero to ten dollars= 4.95 shipping and so on. The problem is no matter how little you by it is charging "the rest" amount wich is 12.95. So if you order a 3 dollar product it charges you 12.95 for shipping. What am I doing wrong? Please help!!
    Thanks!

Hi Amy,
    So in your form/link you're using
    <input type="hidden" name="units" value="10" />
    for example?
    If you haven't used this system, from how you've described, I'd try and use Option 5 with the check box checked.
    This I believe will then look at the total cost of the cart content and add shipping based on that.
    Don't forget that shipping is always an added value, for example:
    Less than $0 you could have a minimum shipping charge of $5
    The next $10 could be $4 so the purchaser would be charged $9 on $19 of orders.
    The next $20 could be $2.95 so for $39 of orders the shipping would be $11.95.
    Then you could say "The rest" would be $1 so any order value above $40 would be charged $12.95.

Let us know if this works for you please.

Mals Forms: http://www.tne.co.uk/2006/mals/

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.