Community Forums 

Main Content

Order receipts emails not working

Aug 27 2009 23:45:51

katyjane

I am not receiving any order receipts via email since Saturday at least. Can anyone tell me if there has been a problem? please tell me whats going on.
    Thanks
    Jane

Aug 27 2009 23:49:01

katyjane

it seems to be working again today, but must have been an issue with the system. Can you tell me how issues are notified or where i can log them. thanks

Aug 28 2009 23:20:25

James Allan Newsome

I am not receiving Order notifications and I haven't been since 23 Aug. Did something happen that day? I've changed the e-mail address in an attempt to make certain my address wasn't the problem and still no luck.

Any ideas? I've seen it before where for a short time e-mail didn't make it to me but never for this amount of time.

It also appears that the remote calls stopped on the 23rd as well? I didn't make any changes and I can't see anything that's incorrectly set in my cart.

Aug 28 2009 23:44:22

James Allan Newsome

I did a "debug" and it's telling me that:

Subject: Mal's e-commerce - remote HTTP fetch

Remote connect to www.weaversdepartmentstore.com/xxxxxxx/xxxxxx.php returned the following:

Connection failed: couldn't connect to host

(I replaced my actual path with the "x's" but the path is correct. Is there a DNS resolution issue perhaps? That would explain both my e-mail and remote call problem.

Aug 29 2009 01:20:52

Debbie Q

Mal does not check the forums. I suggest sending him a message directly. He probably knows and is working on it but it can't hurt.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Aug 29 2009 02:58:13

James Allan Newsome

Thank you, Debbie. I sent an e-mail so he'll see it. It might be that I don't know the actual meaning of "Connection failed: couldn't connect to host"...it could be a refusal or a resolution failure.