Community Forums 

Main Content

selling downloads

Sep 18 2008 03:16:49

DenM

I am trying to sell an online ebook for customers to download. The ebook is on Mals database. The problem is to get this form working. So far I just get the hourglass! here is the form,so far I've followed Mal's support page to try and work through this, I think after the customer pays through paypal they should be directed to a download link, please have a look:

<form action="http://ww12.aitsafe.com/cf/add.cfm"; method="post"
    onsubmit="this.target = 'mals';
    maxqty = 1;
    minqty = 1;
    if (!ChkQty (this))
    return false;">
    <input type="hidden" name="product" value="001: Juggling Family Life eBook">
    <input type="hidden" name="userid" value="E315470">
    <input type="hidden" name="return" value="www.erinparenting.com/products.html">;
    <input type="hidden" name="price" value="00.01">

<input type="hidden" name="qty" size="1" value="1" />
    <input name="I1" type="image" src="images/addtocart.jpg" alt="add to cart" width="100" height="27" border="0">

</form>

Den M

Sep 18 2008 03:45:09

Debbie Q

It does not look like you have PayPal setup to return to Mal's cart after a purchase has been made.

In your admin in the cart set up, click the "PayPal" link. 1) Check the button by Website Payments Standard. 2) Enter your PayPal email address. 3) Return the customer back to the cart. 4) check the box where it says "PayPal should make an IPN call to the cart to confirm when someone pays." Don't forget to check the update button at the bottom.

In PayPal Click the "Profile" tab. Under "Selling Preferences" find the "Website Payment Preferences" link and click it. Set "Auto return" to On and enter your website URL. It doesn't matter what you put there. The cart will override it and send the customer back to the Carts Thank-you page. Near the bottom under PayPal account optional click the "on" button.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 20 2008 23:03:10

DenM

Your suggestions worked great, thankyou very much!

Den M

Sep 22 2008 03:28:38

DenM

Well it all worked fine for 1 day, but now the cart setup wants to set the GET REQUEST, and I am using a POST in the form,why does the cart set up keep reverting back to GET when I TRY AND SAVE the POST REQUEST.
    I am not using a hyperlink to sell this download.
    Could this be the problem OR IS THE SYNTAX messed up!

PAYPAL PAYMENT PROCESSING SETUP IN MALS CART:
    GET request, like an ordinary hyperlink. It has no transactions variables
    POST request includes Paypal transaction variables

Den M