Community Forums 

Main Content

Credit card number not stored

Sep 16 2009 14:42:57

KatB

I have the premium account. It used to be that when I downloaded order information from the BATCH ORDERS tab, all the credit card info would be there. Now when I do that there is only the text, NOT STORED. How do I get this info stored again, otherwise I have no way to access a customers credit card info.

Sep 16 2009 15:25:40

Debbie Q

I would contact Mal about this but in the mean time. This answer was given by another member. On the bottom of the left hand side there is a link that says "Switch to low resolution" Click that and it should take you to the old style admin and your CC info should be there.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 16 2009 16:03:00

KatB

Thanks for the response. Switching to low resolution at least got the "Password Required" box to show back up that I'm used to seeing in the Batch Orders section. Iin the new format, a password no longer seems to be required to access files in Batch Orders, which seems strange. However, even in low resolution, I still get NOT STORED in the area where the credit card info used to be. I cannot find an option anywhere that turns whether or not cc info is stored on or off.

Sep 16 2009 16:09:34

Debbie Q

Do you have credit card names setup in the payment setup or are people going to PayPal to enter their credit card info? If you have CC names in the payment setup and the info is not being stored then contact Mal. Could be a bug in the system.

Debbie Q

Sep 16 2009 16:36:04

KatB

I have credit card names entered in payment setup. I do not use paypal. I called authorize.net and they said the issue was with the shopping cart and not coming from their end. I did enter a new transaction id number and it was then that the cc info stopped being stored. So something got re-set with mal's cart, apparently. I have emailed mal. Hope I hear from him.

Sep 16 2009 17:43:09

Debbie Q

I didn't think card numbers were ever stored if they were processed through a gateway. Hmmmm

Debbie Q

Sep 16 2009 17:59:53

Don

I use Batch Orders and I enter my Password in the Password Box, all works ok.

DB.

www.donbarrow.co.uk
    www.pacenotes.com
    Please either Share or Like my Facebook

Sep 16 2009 18:07:40

KatB

The credit card info has always been stored with the payment gateway authorize.net. Things stopped working when I entered a new transaction id in mals setup for authorize.net

Sep 17 2009 18:14:30

KatB

I think I've determined that this problem occurred when I entered a new authorize.net transaction id in the payment gateway page.

The order is being fulfilled okay, so I know the info I entered is correct. But the CC info has STOPPED being stored on the customer order page when one access BATCH ORDERS.

I've sent mal 3 emails so far but haven't heard anything yet. Maybe he didn't get them. I'm updating this here in case he happens to check the forums. It's vital in a service like this that the merchant gets the cc info when customer orders are placed. So I think he'd want to know that some sort of bug (or something) has popped up.

Sep 17 2009 21:22:18

PMc

Is it possible that when you entered the new transaction id number you put the system into test mode?

Also - when you change the transaction id number, do you have to change the API info, too?

1   |   2      »