Community Forums 

Main Content

No shipping address info

Nov 04 2009 01:38:13

Yukon4

I'm sure we are doing something wrong, but for the life of me, cannot see what:

we have a premium acct and selected "pay pal pro" for payments, and are also using the USPS and FedEx shipping calculators.

The glitch: in the emails we receive notifying us of orders - there is NO shipping address information. should it not be in there? Do we need to login in order to get it (a cumbersome extra step?) We've had several orders where there is mysteriously NO shipping address to be found anywhere - not in our order notification email, not in the page that lists orders in our Mals acct. How is this happening? Why? Help! Bottom line - We would like the customer's shipping address to appear in our email notifying us of orders.

: ) thanks!

Nov 04 2009 02:02:45

Yukon4

In reviewing the orders listed in our Pay Pal account -- most have a shipping address while some do NOT, and those without shipping address also do not have an email address. How could they get through our Mal's cart without entering all this information? Those are required fields!

Nevertheless, we still need the shipping address included in our order notification email, thus eliminating the need to login into Pay Pal to get it.

Thank you again.

Nov 04 2009 02:19:02

Debbie Q

Customers do not need to enter a shipping address if it is the same as their billing address. Nothing will show under the shipping address section. If there is nothing there you ship to the billing address.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Nov 04 2009 07:09:21

Yukon4

Hello again Debbie,

That's the problem - there is NO address whatsoever. And when you view our orders in Mals, several orders do not even display a name (when viewing the page that lists all orders). If you click to view details, there is nothing under "invoice details", completely blank, and nothing under "billing" either.

However, when I placed an order myself, MY order looks perfectly normal - my name displays in the general list, and when you click details, my name and address is all right there, as you would expect it to be. The only thing wrong with MY order, is that the order notification email did NOT contain any shipping information, no address of any sort.

We also received one order paying with money order and that was the only one that behaved as you would expect, showing their name, address, etc.

I'm not sure what else to do -- somehow our shoppers are getting thru without entering any vital info, or IF they are, we sure can't find it!

Nov 04 2009 13:44:11

Debbie Q

I suggest emailing Mal. He would have a better idea whats going on.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.