Community Forums 

Main Content

Option #1: Flat rate shipping question.

Sep 24 2008 23:06:20

Carla Rose

I would like to offer my customers flat rate shipping on all ground orders. But I would also like to offer either a more expedited option as well – especially during the holiday season and charge a different flat rate or charge according to the actual cost of shipment.

Is it possible to have the additional option with option number one? It seems like its all or nothing. I like the idea of flat rate shipping, but that’s not ALL I want to offer. At least I want to offer a flat rate for different priorities. Am I doing something wrong?

Sep 25 2008 08:58:16

Mal Stewart

If you wanted to offer a choice of flat rates then use option 4 and set the cost of shipping on the first item added to the cart, the rest are free. Hope that make sense!

Mal's E-commerce Ltd
    http://www.mals-e.com

Sep 25 2008 19:32:35

Carla Rose

Mal Stewart said: If you wanted to offer a choice of flat rates then use option 4 and set the cost of shipping on the first item added to the cart, the rest are free. Hope that make sense!

Hi Mal,

I guess either I wasnt very clear or that I dont know what I'm doing! :)

-I did find option #4 and able to modify the "Shipping Zone Tables"
    -The problem is, when I modified the "Shipping Tables" to reflect what I want to offer, it doesnt show up in the demo/test cart. It only has the standard shipping option I chose...