Community Forums 

Main Content

Viewing orders in my account are not correct

Jan 08 2010 07:28:15

pcguy

I have just logged into my Mals account and clicked on list orders and noticed there is a lot of orders in red.

When I check my paypal account becase they are supposed to have paid via that means nothing matches up and there is no funds for the orders listed in red.

What does this mean?

Jan 08 2010 09:00:30

Alan

An order is in red if the cart does not know whether payment was successful.

This may be because the particular gateway does not send confirmation, because the confirmation did not reach the cart, or because the cart was told payment was unsuccessful.

The gateway's log should have the facts.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Jan 08 2010 14:48:04

Debbie Q

Most often the reason for orders in red is the customer backed out and didn't complete the payment process or their card was declined. If you cannot find a payment in PayPal from that person and that is your processor they did not pay. You can contact them and try to save the order.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Jan 08 2010 22:28:25

wholefamilyhealth

I just noticed the orders in red for the first time in december. i have been with mals for almost 10 years. is this new? are you saying it does not have anything to do with mals? it seems it must be a new thing and i didn't know how it could change when the cart was downloaded so long ago.

are there updates automatically added to our cart software when we download orders?

thanks, brenda

Jan 08 2010 23:01:20

Debbie Q

Mal continuously makes changes to the cart. It is all done behind the scenes and usually we are not even notified of the changes. If you haven't looked around you might want to look around each of the setup areas because LOTS changed in the last few months.

wholefamilyhealth said I just noticed the orders in red for the first time in december. i have been with mals for almost 10 years. is this new? are you saying it does not have anything to do with mals? it seems it must be a new thing and i didn't know how it could change when the cart was downloaded so long ago.

are there updates automatically added to our cart software when we download orders?

thanks, brenda

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Jan 08 2010 23:05:55

Alan

Mal sets the colour. 'Red' has been around for some years but not all the cart servers have supported it successfully all of the time.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/