Community Forums 

Main Content

no emails

Feb 02 2010 16:38:56

cassie75

before i start i need to point out that i do not get my payments via paypal or anything like that.
    Since about 5am today I have not got any email notifications for any orders on either of my two websites.
    I have checked the email accounts and both are working fine. The main notification and the backup goes to two different email servers with different hosters so the problem is not there.
    A couple of customers have also told me they have not got their notifications either so the problem is most definitely with Mal's.
    Yes I know email is not 100% and we have occasionally had the odd one go missing - but never this many for so long with none getting through at all.
    Anyone Else?

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Feb 02 2010 17:29:52

Jennifer

Same Here. I have not noticed the time, but since I started work this morning (9:30 am EST) I have not been receiving order notifications. Have not touched my site....HELP????

Feb 02 2010 18:10:46

GT

Has anyone though to email Mal about this?

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Feb 02 2010 18:10:46

Brett

I am having the same issue. We have not recieved any email confirmations from MAL's today. Still receiving our email confirmation from PayPall. We have not made any changes on our end.
    Mal's- please advise.

Feb 02 2010 23:28:03

cassie75

GT said Has anyone though to email Mal about this?

That was the first thing I did and only turned to the forum when I got no answer from Mal to see if it was just me or others too.

Still no answer from Mal.

Since 7.30pm this evening (Tuesday) emails have started to come through but none of the missing ones (around 16 orders) have come through.

I have had to go into the account and copy and paste those orders into seperate emails to send to myself so I have them for my records and to the customers for their records. Unfortunately I had downloaded a couple before I knew about this so had to almost hand write those emails to send to myself and the customers.

I know email is not 100% and all companies have problems (servers going down or power outages) but I would have expected an answer from Mal or a post on this forum as soon as they knew there was a problem.

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Feb 03 2010 05:08:46

KatB

Same thing here. Email notification of orders, on which we are highly reliant, inexplicably did not come through today. Also, we sell a downloadable product that has links sent to the customer after the order. This link is sent in response to a script triggered in Mal's cart. The customers did not get their download links.

Feb 03 2010 13:40:09

Stokey

Had a similar problem. Contacted Mal by e-mail, immediate response aol probably temporarily blocking his mail to me! Seems to be sorted!

Feb 04 2010 16:30:16

KLP

Problems with email notifications started here as well just a couple days ago.
    Some order notifications don't come in by email or they do and have the following bit of info attached to them.

Delivery failure to <xxxxxxxxx@aol.com> ...
    Date: 2/4/2010 9:19:31 AM Eastern Standard Time
    To:xxxxxxxx@aol.com
    Sent from the Internet (Details)

When trying to deliver your message, the mail server at mail.mals-e.net encountered
    problems with the following addresses:

For <xxxxxxx@aol.com>, Site aol.com (64.12.90.1) said after data sent: 554 5.2.1 : (DYN:T1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dynt1.html

Final-Recipient: rfc822;xxxxxxx@aol.com
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-code smtp; Site aol.com (64.12.90.1) said after data sent: 554 5.2.1 : (DYN:T1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dynt1.html

I have had some cusomters not getting order confirmation emails as well.
    Very annoying, hope this resolves soon.
    But at least all my orders are showing up in my Mals account.

Feb 04 2010 16:46:49

Debbie Q

Email that error notice to Mal. It might help him figure out the problem.

KLP said Problems with email notifications started here as well just a couple days ago.
    Some order notifications don't come in by email or they do and have the following bit of info attached to them.

Delivery failure to <xxxxxxxxx@aol.com> ...
    Date: 2/4/2010 9:19:31 AM Eastern Standard Time
    To:xxxxxxxx@aol.com
    Sent from the Internet (Details)

When trying to deliver your message, the mail server at mail.mals-e.net encountered
    problems with the following addresses:

For <xxxxxxx@aol.com>, Site aol.com (64.12.90.1) said after data sent: 554 5.2.1 : (DYN:T1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dynt1.html

Final-Recipient: rfc822;xxxxxxx@aol.com
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-code smtp; Site aol.com (64.12.90.1) said after data sent: 554 5.2.1 : (DYN:T1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/421dynt1.html

I have had some cusomters not getting order confirmation emails as well.
    Very annoying, hope this resolves soon.
    But at least all my orders are showing up in my Mals account.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Feb 04 2010 17:42:29

KatB

For those using Vibralogix linklokmals-e script for sending download links to customers after an order is placed ... apparently Mal did an upgrade to the cart that temporarily broker linklok, causing customers to not receive their links. Adrian Jones, of Vibralogix, issued a free upgrade as a fix. Just FYI.

1   |   2      »