Community Forums 

Main Content

Shipping Charges

Oct 08 2008 13:46:11

Sujen

I am trying to set up a shopping cart that will be allowing Canada and International orders. So there would be 3 different $ amount
    I am only charging a single price for each group.
    $1.00 for USA
    $1.50 for Canada
    $4.00 for international
    I have tried to do the array #5 and set up 3 different shipping zones
    with only a single price for each set. It will show up in the test cart and I have saved the changes. but it will not reflect in the SC on the web site
    I am not sure I am doing this right so any help would be appreciated.

Oct 09 2008 11:51:42

DaveShops

Maybe post the code frmo your web page for the shopping cart entry.

Do you have the "units" set correctly?

Dave

Oct 09 2008 12:12:49

Sandi Myers

Dave,

Sue is using the free cart. She has set up her zones, right now we've picked option 6 - does the free cart allow for assigning zones to locations like the premium does? ie zone 1 for US, zone 2 for Canada, etc.

Sandi

Oct 09 2008 19:42:43

DaveShops

Hi Sandi,

This is confusing, do you and Sandi work in the same place or are you having a similar problem too?

Yes the free cart allows shipping zones.

You need to be more specific as to what is happening or not happening.

Dave

Oct 11 2008 11:48:59

Sandi Myers

Dave,

Sorry for the confusion - Sujen posted the initial problem, when she didn't get any feedback from the forum, she contacted me, we're good friends and often bounce ideas and problems off each other.

She was tied up with something else - so I went ahead and posted an update.

Sujen creates and updates websites. The one that she is having a problem with is using the free mals. She set up the 3 zones - US, Canada, & International. Used option 6 in the shipping zones area. Now when you order, all 3 zones(countries) come up - and we are counting on the customer to pick the right one?

In the premium cart - which is what I have, not only can you set up the zones - but then you can also link those zones to states,provinces, and countries.

I don't like to assume anything - but it looks like the free cart does not have the ability to link the zones to a location. Am I correct? Or is there something that I'm missing.

Now that you are completely confused, what other information can I supply that will help.

Sandi