Community Forums 

Main Content

custom buy now button for html forms...

Mar 17 2010 19:26:54

formulawerks

hey all, just getting set up here and i have a question about custom buttons for html forms. i couldn't find an answer directly related to this in the forum or the support file, so here i am.

i need to be clear that this is for html forms, not custom buttons for hyperlink/buy it now goods.

we used to (and still do) run our site on paypal html form code, so it was pretty easy to switch to mal's form code in getting a page set up. one of the main things i can't figure out is a custom buy now button, though, for html forms.

the standard code in mal's is...

<input type="submit" value="Buy Now!">

the standard code for paypal with a custom image is...

<input type="image" src="images/addtocart.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!">

i was trying to make the default Buy Now! button into a custom image that we use on our old paypal code. but alas, i'm at a loss at how to do this. all i really saw with custom buttons had to do with either hyperlink buttons or with cart buttons. i need to use a custom Buy Now button or whatever, that i created.

hopefully that was clear haha. thanks!

Mar 17 2010 19:42:57

formulawerks

of course, after i post this i try one more thing and it works. that's how life goes. ha!

so, thanks but i got it. my dumb a** just needed to change the input type. duh.