Community Forums 

Main Content

"your cart is empty" + i-frame + "continue shopping" debacle...

Mar 18 2010 20:03:00

formulawerks

in the normal cart and when your cart is empty and the "your cart is empty" notice comes up, it provides a "continue shopping" button. i noticed, however, that when i use the i-frame, the "continue shopping" button is not there.

this is only when the cart is empty, and only when the i-frame is being used.

does anyone have any idea why that happens, and/or how to fix it?

Mar 18 2010 20:10:33

Debbie Q

A continue shopping button shows in the cart when you have a return field in the review coding.

You do not want a continue shopping button in your iframe or it is going to reload the cart into the iframe. With an iframe a continue shopping is not needed because they are still on your site so they can continue to shop from links on your site menus.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Mar 18 2010 20:21:07

formulawerks

Debbie Q said A continue shopping button shows in the cart when you have a return field in the review coding.

You do not want a continue shopping button in your iframe or it is going to reload the cart into the iframe. With an iframe a continue shopping is not needed because they are still on your site so they can continue to shop from links on your site menus.

you are wise. haha. the downside of an i-frame. alas, the upside is quite glorious.

thanks!