Community Forums 

Main Content

Downloadables, DLGuard, remote calls and dual emails.

Sep 07 2010 11:43:37

Being

I have a live site that currently uses Linklok to handle downloads. I am redesigning the site and want to use DLGuard instead. I'm using the free cart and notice that there is only one remote call available, during the transition from old to new site I would need either two remote calls or two accounts for the one site. Can anyone tell me what's possible please?

Also, on the new site I want to send notifications of orders to two different email addresses, one to my client and one to the suppliers of the downloads (as a record) is that possible with Mals-e and/or DLGuard?

Thank you in advance.

Sep 07 2010 17:50:56

Giraffeweb2

Can I ask you why you are changing from Linklok to DLGuard? I was just getting ready to set up some downloadable products and was searching the forum for something else and saw your post. I have LinkLok on another website and it appears to work fine. However, I see in the 3rd party add-ons that DLGuard is listed and not LinkLok.

Thanks, Judy

Sep 07 2010 20:05:38

anon

There is only one remote call (free or paid). However, a remote call script can call another script(s) using a thing called curl. That is what I would recommend. Using two accounts for one site could call all kinds of undesirable issues.

Here are two different ways to send notifications to multiple emails:
    1) The easier of the two is to set up an email address that forwards to the other addresses.
    2) Add code to your remote call script to send the emails. Not as easy as #1, but provides maximum flexibility. For example, different addresses could receive different emails based upon the email address, the content of the order, or both.

Sep 07 2010 21:59:50

Being

Thanks anon, that's helpful. We could do the curl thing but time is of the essence, I've got three days to set up the cart and launch the new site. I have already installed DLGuard and the site is complete apart from the links to the cart. I was hoping that if I set up a new account I could run that independently of the existing one for a few days, then close the old one. My main concern was that Mal's configuration might prevent two accounts communicating with the same domain. I'll try it and see if it works and let you know how I get on.

Regarding emails, your second solution would work best for this situation because only some of the downloadable products need the secondary notification. I'll probably do something else for now and do the code later.

Thanks again for your help.

Giraffeweb2, Linklok has worked well for over six years and has never failed us. DLGuard just looks more comprehensive and a little easier/quicker to use. Only time will tell whether I've made the right decision.