Community Forums 

Main Content

FedEX advanced shipping - cannot obtain meter number!

Jun 21 2011 00:00:36

Jon

I'm trying to add FedEX shipping to my account, and an info message says "We need to obtain a meter number for your account." When I click on the link to do that, it asks for some info such as contact name, address, telephone, etc. and it warns that these must match my FedEX account. Every time I enter the info and submit it, I get "Error! Fedex rejected the request". I have gone as far as to actually log into my FedEX account in another window and copy and paste. The info is IDENTICAL, but still I get that error.

Has anyone else run into this? I couldn't find any further info in the advanced shipping help or searching the forum. Is there something I need to set up at FedEX first? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Jun 21 2011 06:08:27

Alan

Are you referring to the link in Admin / Tax and Shipping / Advanced shipping / FEDEX which says
    We need to obtain a meter number for your account. Click here...?

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Jun 21 2011 17:47:48

Jon

Alan,

Yep, that's exactly the place and the message I get. When I click on the "click here" it brings up a form with some info to fill out, which I do, being careful to match the info in my FedEX account exactly, but when I hit the submit button, it says that "Fedex rejected the request". :-(

Jun 21 2011 18:38:10

Alan

I know no more - best to contact Mal.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/