Community Forums 

Main Content

Where is the CVV2 box at check out?

Sep 12 2011 18:56:19

reychirino

Hi there
    I just have setup my shopping cart and payments but I still get rejected my testing credit card numbers because my payment gateway (Fastcharge) is setup to request this code (the CVV2 code) but I can't see how or where I can enable this field neither on my settings in my mals-e shopping cart nor my settings in fastcharge account.
    Is this an issue with mals-e or should I need to adress it with Fastcharge?

Thanks and I look forward for your response

Sep 12 2011 21:26:28

Alan

I would expect it to be entered on a Fastcharge web page.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Sep 13 2011 22:23:32

reychirino

Hi Alan,
    I follow your advise and wrote to FastCharge Support Department and they came back with the same response than you:
    "These are questions you have to ask Mal about.
    He's pretty good about answering questions within hours."

I am a little bit confused here, what should I do now?

Let me re-write down again my questions in case they were not well understood:

1- When testing my settings, my testing credit card number (5454545454545454) gets rejected because I make the CVV2 code mandatory in my FRISK Manager but, the problem is that eventhough the enablecvv2 form field is set to 1 in the setup page, there is no textbox for this field when the form requesting the Credit Card Number is rendered to the user so there is no way to get this number from the Customer.

2- the "Review Cart" link just use my account id to open the shopping cart on the browser but, in a multiuser environment where several shopping carts can be open at the same time, how does the system keep track of which cart belongs to which customer? Should we use the session id in order to do this?

Can anyone help me please!

Sep 13 2011 22:47:32

Debbie Q

Mal states that "Collecting CVV numbers is a breach of PCI compliance." This could possibly be the problem. Posting a question here on the forum is not the same as contacting Mal. He rarely checks the forum. The forum questions are answered by volunteers. Email Mal directly if you want an answer from him.

The cart information is stored in a cookie on the customer's computer. The chances that 2 customers are on the same computer at the exact same time placing an order is not very likely.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Sep 14 2011 13:30:16

reychirino

Thank you Debbie for your help,
    definitely you has answered my 2nd question.

I know that "storing" de CVV2 code is a PCI violation but that is not the case here. Fastcharge recommend us to setup the CVV2 code as "Required" in order to tight security and force the customer to have the card on his hands when buying online but the form they provide to mals-e doesn't have a field to collect this number.

What surprise me the most is that, it seems that even you, that have been supporting this cart for so many years, hasn't came accross with this issue before which make me believe that not getting this code is common practice when using this cart.

thanks again for your help
    Ray

Sep 14 2011 14:41:57

Debbie Q

My understanding of when you are using a gateway is that It is the gateway that asks for the security number. (Definately not saying my understanding is correct.) That is why I suggested emailing Mal directly and then post back here.

Debbie Q

Sep 15 2011 16:58:48

cassie75

cvv2 code has been a regular question on here. Some of us have old carts which still have the code enabled so we are OK. But we keep being told Mal is going to switch it off. This will cause us grief as we manually process cards and we have to use the number during the transaction. Slightly different to you as you use a gateway but the silly pci compliance rules are still the cause.

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

Sep 19 2011 13:37:27

Remmy

The CVV2 code in some cases has to be used or the card will decline. I just noticed that the cart does not have a space for this code. How do we obtain from customer?

Sep 19 2011 15:12:46

Debbie Q

Remmy said The CVV2 code in some cases has to be used or the card will decline. I just noticed that the cart does not have a space for this code. How do we obtain from customer?

Some people are collecting it using one of the additional information fields.

Debbie Q

Sep 29 2011 22:49:22

cassie75

this is what i mean about silly pci stuff - how is collecting the number on an unsecure page more secure !!

Life is too short to work 8 hours a day - thats why I work 16 :-)

1   |   2      »