Community Forums 

Main Content

How to delete some countries from shipping list?

Oct 20 2011 11:03:42

Mario Cassar

I want to join a new merchant provider, however, one of the conditions I need to meet is to remove a few countries from the list. They include some from Africa, Asia, and Europe. I use the advanced shipping system and everytime I change countries in one zone it messes those in the others.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.foodreactions.org

Mario
    FoodReactions.Org

Oct 20 2011 20:06:27

Alan

To limit the countries to which you ship, go to Admin / Cart setup / Language, country and currency. You can edit a custom list.

The Countries list in Advanced shipping serves a different purpose.
    In your home region it allows you to allocate countries to zones. In other regions the allocation to zones is at the regional level.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Oct 21 2011 08:57:26

Mario Cassar

Thank you Alan for the prompt reply. I was happy to find the list of countries, however, strangely nothing changes despite unticking the releveant names. To experiment I also picked up UK and Ireland from the list and once again all countries showed up.

I am clicking on 'update countries' once I do the changes but seems nothing is updated, keep seeing the hole list.

Any toughts? Once again thank you.

Mario
    FoodReactions.Org

Oct 21 2011 16:06:18

Alan

Let's start again.

Suppose I have three zones, UK, Rest of EU, Rest of World
    My home region is UK

I'm going to ship to UK, Spain, Portugal, USA, Canada

In the ADVANCED SHIPPING CALCULATOR - Countries list

I select for the North America region - Rest of World
    I click on the radio button EUROPE - EEA to show my home region, and click on 'Update the countries list'.

Now on the right I select the 'Rest of EU' zone for Spain and Portugal, and 'UK' for the UK. And again click on Update.

When I'm next in the cart, the country choices for the shipping calculation are
    Canada
    Portugal
    Puerto Rico
    St. Pierre and Miquelon
    Spain
    UK

Back in Admin, 'Language Countries and Currencies' I choose Europe, Canada, and the US, and 'Submit list'.

The list has checked
    Canada
    Portugal
    Spain
    United Kingdom
    United States

When I Go To Payments, in the address fields the countries drop down list has the 5 entries above.

I've been playing around but I think the description above is what happens. Does that explain how it works?

Alan

Oct 24 2011 22:50:56

Mario Cassar

Thank you Alan. To make sure I am not doing anything wrong I followed your example and it worked. However, what I need to have is not working. I have been scratching my head for the last 7 days.

So I set up three zones, UK, Europe and Rest of the World.
    In advanced shipping I set them up accordingly with Europe EEA as my home.
    Now I went to Language Country and Currency... under Countries List I clicked on 'Click here to edit your own custom country list'.

From the drop down I chose Allow all countries, then unticked Afghanistan. Clicked Submit list.

I hoped I did not see Afghanistan in the Cart, but it is still there.

Am I missing something?

Mario
    FoodReactions.Org

Oct 25 2011 15:41:27

Alan

I don't know how to keep Afghanistan out of the cart if you allocate West and Central Asia to the Rest of the World zone. (Maybe ask Mal and let us know if it's possible.)

To keep it out of the possible addresses at the payment stage, you'd choose a list in Language country and currency that does not include it. Then don't tick it in your custom list.

Alan

Oct 27 2011 09:17:09

Mario Cassar

Thank you Alan, I have a list of around 10 countries I am requested to remove and they are spread on most continents so I cannot simply choose a specific zone.

I have emailed Mal and once he gets back to me I will report the answer here. Meanwhile I will keep trying.

Mario
    FoodReactions.Org

Oct 28 2011 08:02:01

Mario Cassar

Ok, received email from Mal and problem sorted... or in fact it was sorted before we knew it :)

One can ommit any countries by going into Language Country and Currency -
    Click in Country List to edit (bottom page)
    Untick countries you do not wish to ship to.

This is exactly as explained in previous replies...

However, the confusion is that when you go to the cart you would still see these countries listed, but upon moving next onto the payments page (Go to Payments) the countries unticked will not show.

As Mal explained, all countries will get a shipping quotation, but not all countries are able to make a payment.

Hope this help everyone who had the same problem to understand.

Mario
    FoodReactions.Org

Oct 28 2011 11:45:39

Alan

Not sure I'd go as far as saying the problem is sorted but it confirms how it works and we know what we have to live with!

Alan

Oct 29 2011 22:22:57

Mario Cassar

Alan said Not sure I'd go as far as saying the problem is sorted but it confirms how it works and we know what we have to live with!

Yes Alan, I am with you here. It sorts of work, but not as professionally as it should.

Mario
    FoodReactions.Org

1   |   2      »