Community Forums 

Main Content

Where does buyer enter discount code?

Mar 18 2012 16:20:23

Evolving Door

I'm trying to set up a discount code for an individual (for a fixed amount to be applied to their purchase), but when I went to test it, I couldn't see anywhere to input the code. I don't see anything about this in the help files or forum either, unless I'm missing it completely.

I tried to do this a while back for anyone to get a discount off my products, but I had no takers. I think I know why now!

Any help would be most appreciated. Let me know any other information you need to know to help me. Many thanks in advance. :-)

Mar 18 2012 19:59:46

Debbie Q

On the page where you setup coupons should be a link at the top center that says to put an entry box for discount coupons in the cart.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Mar 18 2012 20:47:56

Evolving Door

Hi Debbie,

Thanks very much for your reply. I do see that checkbox where you set up gift vouchers. I guess I'm a bit confused what the difference is between a gift voucher and and discount voucher. I was trying to set up something as a discount voucher which seems to be more flexible in declaring conditions and options. I don't see anywhere a person could enter a discount voucher code, nor where I can add a field for it to the cart.

Mar 22 2012 00:06:58

Evolving Door

I would still like to find an answer to my question about entering the discount code. What is the difference between a gift voucher and a discount code? So far I only see a way to add a field for the code with a gift voucher, but not the discount code? That doesn't quite make sense, so I must be missing something. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 22 2012 00:25:28

Debbie Q

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Mar 24 2012 05:34:49

Fern

Thank you so much Debbie Q, you're awesome! My discount codes are working now. So excited to be able to offer promotions on my new site now. That enable link is easy to miss for some reason.

Mar 24 2012 18:09:17

Evolving Door

Thank you so much, Debbie! I finally found it. I'm not sure if I just didn't see the forest for the trees or if the message only comes up when you create a coupon, but I found it. Many thanks! I'm glad someone else has benefited from this thread too (Fern). :-)