Community Forums 

Main Content

New website to work with Mal's

Oct 07 2013 00:21:05

JameyLynn

I hate to do it, but I have to dump my website. I really like it, but the back end of the software is not working with pad's or phone's and it does not look like they are going to do anything to fix it.

Is there a list of website programs out there that work well with Mal's? I know html, but I know nothing of other types of languages that are out there. I hear PHP and say what? No clue. I do need the program to be at least semi-drag and drop, or fill in, but I need to be able to have some serious html coding for my Mal's buttons and some of my items are pretty complex.

I am completely out of my league for looking at what sites to build my new website, but I need to do this now and have it done before the 1st of the year as I am losing business because of my site not working on pads and phone's well.

If you are wondering, for the last 9 years I have used Yahoo Sitebuilder as my program for building my website. howacoglass.com

JameyLynn
    Howaco Glass Supply Co
    www.howacoglass.com

Oct 07 2013 04:25:10

GT

Try Opencart, it's easy to work with, mobile and search engine friendly and has a plugin for Mal's.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Oct 16 2013 16:32:10

JameyLynn

I went to check them out and it appears that there are two companies with the exact same name. There is
    Opencart.com and
    Opencart.us
    The websites are pretty different.

Have you used their cart system? (ie, which one?)
    Thanks GT. I have to get rollin on this. It seems like the program I use is getting unstable. I keep losing data and have to keep re-adding things that disappear. Not cool.

JameyLynn
    Howaco Glass Supply Co
    www.howacoglass.com

Oct 16 2013 16:57:36

GT

putting opencart into google - I only see the dot com site listed.

http://www.opencart.com/

Oct 16 2013 17:29:49

JameyLynn

GT said putting opencart into google - I only see the dot com site listed.

http://www.opencart.com/

Yeh, there is a .us too. But I did just hear back from the maker of that program. He is unaware of any plugin for Mals. So I will have to do some more snooping. I hate that I just don't know enough about this stuff.

JameyLynn
    Howaco Glass Supply Co
    www.howacoglass.com

Oct 17 2013 01:57:24

GT

Oct 17 2013 02:58:58

JameyLynn

Yup, these are his exact words to me in email
    "i don;t know how fancy you can get with mals eCommerce because i didn't writ eh extension for it. that must have been one of the community members.."

Still am interested if you have personally used their system.

JameyLynn
    Howaco Glass Supply Co
    www.howacoglass.com

Oct 18 2013 13:42:58

JameyLynn

Hmm, I guess you not answering if you have actually used their program, means that no you have not. I will try it out and see how it goes, but if you had used the system, I was interested in hiring you to do some work. Guess I won't.

JameyLynn
    Howaco Glass Supply Co
    www.howacoglass.com

Oct 18 2013 13:50:34

GT

We have many clients using Opencart.

You didn't ask me if I had knowledge or experience of working with Opencart and, your last post was simply a statement the way I read it, sorry for any confusion.

Oct 18 2013 14:18:52

JameyLynn

Post number 3 " Have you used their cart system?"

Post number 7 "Still am interested if you have personally used their system."

That is ok, I found another person to do it. I just wanted to hire someone to get the first couple shell pages up with just an example or two of my items off my current site with a couple pictures and a mini nav bar. That way I can go in and see what is already there and take over versus trying to figure out how to get it started. I learn much better by seeing something that is already there versus trying to understand how to get it started. I typically work 55 hours a week, trying to find time to start a new site is difficult.

JameyLynn
    Howaco Glass Supply Co
    www.howacoglass.com

1   |   2      »