Community Forums 

Main Content

Status says paid but item is not paid

Nov 07 2013 19:46:56

Pan

Hi

I was doing a test run on my cart. After customizing it I dropped an item in the cart, and filled out the name and address section. I did not find any payment information fields and was able to go to check out. I checked out and went back to my mals account to find the item was bought and status says paid.

I'm wondering why it says paid when no payment information was completed.

Secondly how do I get the payment fields into my cart. So far I only want my costumers to pay via paypal standard.

Thank you!

Nov 07 2013 20:22:54

GT

Have you set up PayPal as your payment processor in cart setup?

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Nov 12 2013 17:55:37

Pan

I did but the information did not stay saved despite saving it. I entered information in the fields under "Return link from PayPal" section, "IPN - Instant Payment Notification" section and other sections on the page. The only information that I did not enter is the specific Paypal Account ID number. I thought perhaps the information did not stay saved because of this?

Would that be the reason why payment information is not showing up on check out? Thank you for the reply!!

Nov 12 2013 18:12:40

GT

And you've set all of the page for PayPal standard up ok?

PAYPAL ACCOUNT ID

This is the ID you use to login at Paypal, it is an email address.

Return link from PayPal

After the customer has paid Paypal they may either return back to your website or to the cart.
    return the customer direct to your website using the return link from your cart set-up
    return the customer back to the cart. See the notes below...
    use your own URL back to your site including https:// or http:// in front

GET request, like an ordinary hyperlink. It has no transactions variables
    POST request includes Paypal transaction variables

If you choose to return the customer to the cart then I recommend that you set Auto return - On in your Merchant profile at Paypal.

IPN - Instant Payment Notification

PayPal should make an IPN call to the cart to confirm when someone pays. Select this option if you want an order notification from the cart.

Shipping and tax values

Send shipping and tax as separate values to PayPal. On the shipping setup page in your Profile at PayPal, you should check the box beside the words "Click here to allow transaction-based postage values to override the profile postage settings listed above".

Product description at PayPal

The cart transfers the customer over to PayPal to pay for the entire cart contents as a single item. You can choose the way the description is set:
    Just the words: Order number: XXXX
    Try to push all the products into the description. It will be cut off at 127 characters.

Your logo at PayPal

You can enter the URL to an image which Paypal will display on their pages. It should be 150 by 50 pixels and really ought to be hosted securely; include https:// or http:// in the url.

Authorization and capture

If you don't know the complete cost of the order, for example if shipping, handling and tax still need adjustment, you can authorize a transaction which you capture later at PayPal.

Shipping address

Both the cart and Paypal can be configured to collect a shipping address, this can be confusing for the customer.

No shipping address at Paypal

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Nov 12 2013 18:33:33

Debbie Q

Check that the email in the carts PayPal setup is the same as your PayPal account's email address. I believe the cart defaults to the cart account email address which might not be your PayPal Email.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Nov 13 2013 19:12:06

Pan

Hi thank you for the reply. I am working on obtaining a paypal account and I will go over all of these sections again.

On a different topic, I was wondering why the continue shopping button does not show when I view my cart. Thank you for all the replies and the great help!

Nov 13 2013 19:31:25

Debbie Q

The continue shopping button is controled by the "return" value in your product code on your website. If you do not have a continue shopping button in your cart it is because you have no return value in your product code.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Nov 13 2013 20:40:04

Pan

Hi Debbie,

Are you talking about the value embedded in this short code that you sent on another thread?

<A HREF="http://wwX.aitsafe.com/cf/review.cfm?userid=1234567&return=
    www.yoursite.com/yourpage.htm">View Cart</A>

I did a run through the text editor that I am using to make my website and I added this code. The "continue shopping" feature is now working! I guess it's because of this? Thank you for your reply!