Community Forums 

Main Content

Is it possible to Not Allow a Quantity Update in the cart?

Feb 01 2014 19:20:03

Mahogan

I do not want to allow my users to change the quantity of items on specific products they add to cart. I have some cart items that allow the user to enter the quantity before adding to the cart and these have quantity price breaks, the more they order the lower the cost is per unit. But when the user adds these to the cart, they can lower the quantity and get a lower price for lower quantities. This would really mess me up, so once they get to the cart there can be no changes to the quantity. I removed the update icon and have a delete icon, but the user can still enter a new quantity and press enter and it changes the quantity at the wrong pricing structure. So I just want to turn off the update function. How can this be achieved?

Feb 01 2014 19:46:29

Debbie Q

You can do this using a field named noqty in your Buy Now links. There are three possible values:

noqty=1 the cart displays the number as text
    noqty=2 displays a checkbox so the item can still be deleted
    noqty=3 displays a checkbox and a quantity in text

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Feb 01 2014 20:54:20

Alan

Can you use discountpr? With that, if quantities are adjusted in the cart the price is also changed if appropriate.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Feb 01 2014 20:59:01

Mahogan

Alan said Can you use discountpr? With that, if quantities are adjusted in the cart the price is also changed if appropriate.

Don't think that is possible, I have a script that inputs the quantities based upon an intricate formula.

I need the quantity that the user chose to display, just not let them change anything other than delete the line item.