Community Forums 

Main Content

Shipping Question for multiple weights, multiple quantities

Feb 06 2016 13:52:14

farragio

I have 3 items, each different weights. Two of the items are available in quantities.

Item #1 weighs 3 oz. (available in quantities up to 5)
    Item #2 weighs 14 oz. (available in quantities up to 5)
    Item #3 weighs 45 oz. (only 1 available)

Item #1 costs $3.00 to ship (would like $0.50 added to each additional item)
    Item #2 costs $8.00 to ship (would like $1 added to each additional item)
    item #3 costs $15.00 to ship

I'm using the free version of Mal's. Is there a way to set up shipping for this? I've tried different variations with the Options and Units but am not having any luck keeping the shipping from multiplying out of control.

Would a premium account allow for setting this up more easily?

Edited to Add: I'd like to assign the different shipping costs so that someone could order, for example, three of Item #1, two of Item #2, and Item #3 and the different shipping costs would be applied to each item, or if possible some sort of combined shipping, rather than total units adding up.

Handmade Goods For People & Places
    www.farragio.com

Feb 07 2016 09:22:25

Alan

Go to the link below this post and look at the variation on the option 8 user exit. Click on the link and then right click to see the source.

The calculation, which is just an example, needs to be changed to your charges for the three products. And I guess you might say you wouldn't charge 3+8+15 for one of each but that's just a bit more logic.

Each product needs a unique units value - for example you could use 1,10, and 100 so a total of 351 would be 3 of product 1, 5 of product 2, and 1 of product 3.
    The code provided shows how to split the units total to determine the number of each product. Then you have to substitute your own calculation logic for the charges.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Feb 07 2016 16:32:39

farragio

Something must be getting lost in translation on your website because all I'm getting is this on the page:
    http://www.farragio.com/resources/Temp/56b71950.jpg

I tried a different browser but still no luck.

www.farragio.com

Feb 07 2016 21:31:06

Alan

Are you specifying as your user exit <a href="http://www.stoner.org.uk/mals/option8sampleroutine.htm?{x}"><b>click here for shipping</b></a> as your user exit?

Can you show me the page on which you have your product statements with the units values? Looks like they are not getting through.

When you look at the page source you'll see it is set up for units values of 10000 100 1 0.01 so to use 1 10 and 100 so you'll need to make some changes eventually but try a product with a value of say, 50056, to see what it does.

Alan

Feb 09 2016 00:03:59

farragio

Alan, I don't understand what you mean by "user exit". If you're referring to something I'm supposed to do on the website that is in your signature, I can't specify anything there because all I'm getting is a blank graphic and when I click your Continue button I get "NaN NaN NaN NaN" (as indicated in the jpg link I posted previously)

www.farragio.com

Feb 12 2016 21:29:22

Alan

Option 8 enables you to run some user code instead of Mals using tables you specify. The link is to an example of user code. To try it out you need to select option 8 in standard shipping setup, include the link there, and give each product a units value.

Alan