Community Forums 

Main Content

free shipping help

Feb 21 2016 13:43:10

babette

I have a shop that most of my items are regular shipping and that cost is based on the value of the cart. Everything works great except I have 15 items that need to be free shipping. I cannot figure out how to do this. I have read everything I can and still don't know how to do this. I have contacted the website host and I don't think they know how to do it either. I see that you can add script, but I don't know where to add it. I am having to refund the shipping on these items and it is a pain. Thanks in advance for your help.

Feb 22 2016 14:00:15

GT

Give every product a units value the same value as the price, the free shipping items give a units value of zero.

In the cart/shipping make the shipping charge equal the number of units, say up to 100 = $5, etc etc.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Feb 22 2016 18:46:42

Alan

Alternatively, if you are using standard shipping options 5, or 7, with the units=price box checked, and not using pay.cfm or discountpr, you could specify noship for each of the 15 products.

A noship value of 1 will work.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Feb 23 2016 12:30:24

babette

Thank you GT and Alan. The product unit to the price will not work because there is a price break when they order in quantities. I think the answer to the problem is what Alan said but I do not know where to specity NOSHIP on the 15 items. I am using shipping method #7 and I do the the box checked, but I do not see a NOSHIP anywhere. Would this be in the Mal's cart somewhere or on the individual item on my website? This is where I got stumped. I talked to the website host and they don't have any answer so I am assuming it has to be done in the Mal's cart somewhere. Thanks for your help and if you can just point me in the right direction It will help.

Feb 23 2016 13:24:54

Alan

noship is another product definition like units or price. It is described on the Support pages at https://www.mals-e.com/tpv.php?tp=5.

HOWEVER if your 'price break' means you are using discountpr, then noship will not work.

Which probably means you will have to compromise, putting a price as the units value as GT suggested, and unchecking the units=price box. Is your website specific about the relationship of shipping charges to order value?

Alan

Feb 24 2016 00:48:12

babette

In the create a shop form I have the price for all items set to $0.00 then I use a drop down radio button that is selected to the price of the item. So when the shopping cart calculates shipping it adds that amount. It lets you select the quantities I sell in, like 50 business cards or 100 or 500. This is all working great with the shipping that I have. Now I need to have 10 of the digital item be NO SHIPPING. When it selects the price and adds this to the cart it add shipping. here is the site so you can see what I am talking about. I came from another site host that had an integrated shopping cart and this is very confusing to me. http://www.printmeprim.com/catalog.php?category=73 When you say product definition is that something I change in the shopping cart on Mal's or on the product with Create A Shoppe Plus? Sorry to be so thick

Feb 24 2016 08:30:27

Alan

units can be defined for a product, as can qty and price. Or in your case, discountpr.

You should ask Create A Shoppe Plus how to define units in their system.

It's not necessary to define a units value for digital items, only for those charged shipping.

Alan

Feb 26 2016 02:46:14

babette

After a week of waiting on Create A Shoppe to get back to me and no answer I am back on this forum. I have decided that the work around for this problem is for me to go in each item, and I have 100's, and set the shipping units to a value that will calculate the shipping based on size shipping envelope or box. I will trash the value options. For the FREE shipping I should set the value to zero and this will not add it to the mix, right? I am so peeved with this whole thing I could spit! Thanks for the help here, and one more question before I go, can I set the shipping units while I am still using the other shipping calculation method and once I get them all set then switch the cart shipping method? Thanks for the reply.

Feb 26 2016 10:08:55

Alan

Yes, while you have the units=price box checked the units values will not be used. When you uncheck the units=price box that will change and the units total will decide the charges.

Alan