Community Forums 

Main Content

Some products restricted to 1 country. Other ship products worldwide

Jul 07 2009 18:37:38

Timothy I. Koen

I have been trying to figure this out for days. I have some products that I can only sell in 1 country (the U.S.) I have other products that I can sell world wide. I have no idea how to make some products ship in the U.S. only and have other products ship world wide.

If I set my countries to just the U.S. then I can't sell the other products world wide. If I set the countries to "all" then I get orders for products that I can't ship outside the U.S..

When someone outside the U.S. orders a product I can't ship I must return their money. I hate doing that, but don't see a way around it.

Does anyone know a way to do this without having to set up another premium account? Meaning set some products for sale in 1 country only (U.S.) and others set to ship anywhere in the world?

I could use PayPal straight up for my worldwide products but then I couldn't use my merchant account to collect funds. Still less than 50% of of online shoppers use PayPal. I don't want to lose those potential customers.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Tim Koen

Jul 08 2009 14:37:37

Timothy I. Koen

When nobody responds to your question does that mean you've already answered it yourself? Or does it mean nobody knows the answer?

Either way, the only solution I can see to this problem is to open another account with Mal. Still wondering if it's possible to select countries in the buy now button code. Anyone doing this? If so can you please share your solution?

How about any tutorials on coding the buy now buttons for country selection. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Tim Koen

Jul 08 2009 16:00:20

Debbie Q

No answer usually means we don't know an answer that will satisfy you. We hope somone else might have an idea. I myself just put a notice in the header of my cart saying I do not ship outside of the USA and if a customer still orders I refund their money. It doesn't happen often so that has worked fine for me.

Taken from the Mals support page... https://www.mals-e.com/support/tpv.php?tp=21

Once you have setup a default language you can switch to a different one "on the fly" by including the field lg=a_number in all your links to the cart. Use the corresponding number from the list above, for example, lg=1 will switch to Spanish:

<input type="hidden" name="lg" value="1"> The list of values are on the support page.

You should note though that although this switches the language hard coded into the cart it doesn't change any of the messages that you have created yourself, for example, the Shipping Message.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.