Community Forums 

Main Content

Need the cart to function in 2 ways...is this possible?

Sep 19 2008 05:05:11

Lisa Schulist

I think I already know the answer, but...

Currently on my site, I sell products at retail and charge shipping fees based on the total purchase amount using Option 7.

I also have a password protected wholesale area on the site where I have set up an additional cart (using a premium account) that integrates with UPS's shipping calculator. This is fine, but I'm trying to come up with a better solution that will make my life easier!

Is there a way to have one shopping cart that can accommodate both types of customers? For example, the retail customer uses the site as is, but the wholesale customer uses a voucher code to get the wholesale discount and is able to have shipping fees charged based on weight/destination instead of the bands used in Option 7?

My site: www.shooflyshoes.com

Thanks.

Sep 19 2008 06:10:50

just visiting

Regarding the shipping aspect, with a Premium account you can offer a choice of the UPS calculator or your option 7 style values, both implemented using Advanced shipping.

But it would need the customer to make the choice between say 'wholesale' and 'retail' zones. which you may or may not wish to offer.

Or maybe you could use UPS for both and not involve the customer.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/