Community Forums 

Main Content

Migrating old discount codes to new system, help please?

Apr 28 2010 17:01:39

Gil Sery

I'm new to this shopping cart, so maybe I'm missing something, but since I have different levels of discounts for different products, I can't use the discount tables, and thus have to use the discount coupons.

My problem with using the new system is that there is no "minimum quantity" field for the new discount coupons, whereas the old coupons have that field. So, if I want to have one discount for 1-10 items, and 1 discount for 11-20, I don't see how I would be able to do the latter with the new system. I also can't use the "min. value" field, because the products in the category that I want to discount all have different prices.

I have not set up any old discount coupons yet, but it's definitely looking like that suits my needs better.

Can anyone please tell me how to use the new system to accomplish the same goals?

Thanks very much.

Apr 28 2010 18:08:08

Debbie Q

The old voucher system did not have a min qty order either. The Min and Max numbers in the tables was not for that purpose. The min and max in the old voucher system was only stopped the vouchers numbers not in that range.

There also is no way to have a voucher only be used on certain items. Could you use discountpr in your product code? IS this discount something people get just for ordering certain quantities?

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Apr 28 2010 18:31:07

Gil Sery

Thank you for replying so quickly.

Debbie Q said
    There also is no way to have a voucher only be used on certain items. Could you use discountpr in your product code? IS this discount something people get just for ordering certain quantities?

Yes, that's exactly what it is. It is a quantity discount for a single product, although all products in a certain category get the same level of discount. Products in a different category get a different level of discount.

Apr 28 2010 21:21:12

Debbie Q

See if one of GT's discount scrips can help you. http://www.tne.co.uk/mals/

Gil Sery said Yes, that's exactly what it is. It is a quantity discount for a single product, although all products in a certain category get the same level of discount. Products in a different category get a different level of discount.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Apr 28 2010 21:36:10

Gil Sery

Debbie Q said See if one of GT's discount scrips can help you. http://www.tne.co.uk/mals/

Thanks. I found this script which should suit my needs, using the "discountpr#" field:
    http://www.tne.co.uk/mals/multiple-plus-discount.html

So, just to be clear, does this mean that I don't need to offer discounts then to achieve these prices?

Thanks for all your help, Debbie.

«      1   |   2