Community Forums 

Main Content

buy now button

Dec 16 2009 23:50:14

David H

buy now button is not acting strange. i think it worked prior but now its acting odd. when i click a buy now button it adds the item to the cart. the return is correct and takes me right back to the item.

if i click buy now button a second time it adds the item to the cart A SECOND TIME. its not adding one to the quantity but instead adds the exact same product again under it and both have a quantity of one instead of one of the product with a quantity of two.

i never noticed this before and think it worked properly previously as i think i tested this. does anyone know what i am doing wrong? i can give code or email it to anyone who desires.

Dec 17 2009 07:07:28

To my knowledge, that's normal.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Dec 17 2009 07:42:18

If you wish the quantities to be combined and are using price you can replace price by discountpr. Any options, such as colour, must be exactly the same.

See Using an HTML form which includes quantity discounts.

For example
    <input type="hidden" name="price2" value="4" />
    <input type="hidden" name="discountpr2" value="0,4" />

Some shipping help documents are available at

Dec 17 2009 16:32:48

David H

thanks Alan!!

i changed

<input name="price" type="hidden" value="19.99">

<input name="discountpr" type="hidden" value="0,19.99">

and now if i add a product to the cart, return, add it a second time the quantity changes in the cart to two rather than adding the product a second time with both at quantities of one.

Thank you!