Community Forums 

Main Content

Some USPS shipping options are not showing up as of 1/4/2010?

Jan 04 2010 19:12:39

Jon

I am in the USA, and have a premium account using calculated shipping rates linked to USPS. For international orders, I offer Priority Mail International and Express Mail International. As of today, the Express Mail International option is not being shown to cart users, only the Priority Mail option.

Similarly, for my domestic orders, I offer Express, Priority and first class. This seems to be working, however I was just playing around with the shipping configuration, and in the zone table setup, I changed my Priority Mail option to Priority Mail small flat rate box, however when I did that, only first class and Express were offered to purchasers. When I changed it back to Priority, the Priority mail option was once again offered with the others. I did not try other settings such as the other sizes of flat rate boxes, etc. however given the two above examples, it appears that something is broken in regards to the automatically calculated USPS rates. Could this have something to do with the USPS postage change today?

If anyone has any info or suggestions, please let me know. If you need more information which I have not provided, just let me know and I would be happy to do so.

Thanks!

-Jon-

Jan 04 2010 20:50:41

Alan

You'd probably need to talk to Mal for the detail.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Jan 06 2010 02:09:02

Jon

I didn't change anything in my setup, but I notice that today Express Mail International is showing up again. I'm not sure if this was a problem at USPS or if Mal fixed something, but if it was the latter, thanks Mal! :-)

-Jon-