Community Forums 

Main Content

Credit card processing recommendations?

Feb 18 2010 16:04:39

David H

Hello I am going to upgrade to the premium cart so that I can accept credit cards directly. I am doing about 1-2k in sales a month for my small business. I can't take the paypal checkout page anymore and desire a seamless checkout process.

Can anyone make any recommendations for me on where to go for good cart integration,abililty to take international orders and decent pricing?

Feb 18 2010 16:38:21

GT

If you're handling CC yourself David, you don't need a 'premium' cart, you only need that as far as processors are concerned if you're using a third party one such as Worldpay, Sagepay, etc.

Using Mal's to collect the card data will be a little problematic as you cannot collect the 3 digit code off the back of the card.

My experience is steer clear of Worldpay, I just set it up for a client, it took them six weeks to make it live....

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Feb 18 2010 18:44:01

Debbie Q

I have had very good luck with PayPal Pro. If you don't mind processing the cards by hand check out ProPay.com.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Feb 18 2010 22:15:43

David H

I'm using paypal standard currently. I'll look into paypal pro. I want it all automated so i don't think paypro will work. What about autorize.net?

Feb 18 2010 23:57:37

Debbie Q

Authorize.net is another very popular one.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Mar 04 2010 03:15:07

Cristi Peterson

We have just switched from PayPal Pro to authorize.net. The switch was very easy and Mal;s cart walks through the orocess with ease. The only issue is: We are curreently using the SIM integration method. It is not linked as closely as AIM. In order to switch you have to get an SSL certification. Our host Go Daddy will provide for $27 per year and they provide the HTML coding to get the seal to appear on your check out page. Now all we have to do is figure out how to put the HTML coding in the cart. I have asked that question in a post tonight. Over all better rates in all 3 catagories, and much more user friendly than PayPal.