Community Forums 

Main Content

Need help to get paid, credit card, free account

Mar 24 2010 19:17:47

Timothy I. Koen

Okay so I made my first sale by credit card through a free account. Now what do I do to get the funds into my merchant account. I see Mal's has collected the order and the customer downloaded the digital product. But my merchant account has not received the money. What do I need to do to get the money into my merchant account.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Tim Koen

Mar 24 2010 20:14:59

GT

If you don't accept cards yourself, then you need to set up a merchant account, that means you'll need a premium account unless you're using PayPal or Google checkout.

Having trouble with a form or need one building?
    Fast turnaround, but I do charge :)

Mal's Forms / Scripts and the syntax are here.

Mar 24 2010 20:52:51

Timothy I. Koen

GT, did I mention that I have a merchant account, I thought I did. My question is what do I do to get the money transfered into my merchant account. I use a premium account for my other website and have the api all set up. But you have to do that manually with the free account. I just can't remember where the instructions are.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank in advance

Tim

Tim Koen

Mar 24 2010 22:13:55

Alan

In the days of paper slips, we retrieved the data from admin and wrote credit card slips, subsequently delivered to the bank. I believe some use a special terminal, others maybe key lonline.

Your method is whatever you have agreed with your bank. If they require the CV2 security code you may have a problem as the cart no longer collects it.

Alan
    Some shipping help documents are available at www.stoner.org.uk/mals/

Mar 24 2010 22:48:00

Debbie Q

If you are collecting the credit card information to process by hand through your merchant (usually by a virtual terminal) you will find the info in admin under "Pick Up Payment". If you have a free cart this is not done automatically unless you are using PayPal or Google Checkout. I didn't think the customer was given the download link if the credit card was not automatically processed.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.

Mar 24 2010 23:38:30

Timothy I. Koen

Yup, I figured it out. Thanks Alan and Debbie. I got ripped off. The customer got the download and I plugged the payment info into my virtual terminal at my merchant account and it got declined. So now what? Should I just use paypal? At least for now I'm shutting off the CC payment option.

Tim

Tim Koen

Mar 25 2010 00:08:50

Debbie Q

I would just use PayPal. Set your PayPal account settings to make it so an account is optional.

Or you could set up the download like a regular product and send them the link by email after they paid.

Debbie Q

Mal's Support: www.mals-e.com/support.php
    GT's Forms and examples: www.malsforms.com
    Helpful java scripts: www.gemasana.com/mals
    Shipping help documents: www.stoner.org.uk/mals

My Create-A-Book Publishing - mycreateabook.com
    Personalized Books, Music CDs and Gifts for all ages and occasions.

Please help me out and share my site on your networks.