Community Forums 

Main Content

Sep 14 2008 00:59:12

Gillian

After filling in the registration form for the trial mOrders, I am taken to a page with no futher links or download buttons. Has anyone else been able to download the trial recently? Also, did there used to be a page explaining about the mOrders features? I can't seem to find it now. A couple of the old links I tried no longer work. Many thanks!

Cheers,
    Gillian

Sep 14 2008 15:05:16

Lane Scoggin

Is there a way to have the optional Message field in Mal's pass-thru to the corresponding field in PayPal? We have a gift card message in Mal's, but when people get to PayPal they see a blank input and often put messages in both places. Since the Mal's message field doesn't print in the email acknowledgment, customers often think it didn't "take."

Sep 14 2008 15:06:52

Alan

With the advent of the new forum I've decided after several years to cease responding to shipping posts, and occasional others.

I'm leaving some newer material which I hope can soon replace that on the tips site, much of which dates to the previous millennium.

Best wishes to all,

Alan

Sep 14 2008 17:05:17

Yukon4

Haven't visited in a month or so -- the site and forum are looking very cool.

Is the OLD forum with all its topics and posts still around somewhere? I was trying to find an old answer someone posted to me. If not, here is my question (sorry for any repetition)

We have a database and would like to know if we can upload the database and use it with Mals in some way? Or , what exactly can the Mal's cart do along with a database? I couldn't find that information . I seem to recall a database section on the old site.

Optioncart says they cannot work with another database, you must enter your products into their database. We are hoping to simply use the database we have just put together. It has some features like adjusting product prices based on the current price of gold/ounce.

Hope this is making sense. Thank you!

Sep 14 2008 19:56:43

ecom

I'd like to use Mal's e-commerce just to store credit card info.

I already have a shop set up, but I need a way to securely store payment information so that I can process it manually.

Is it possibly to ignore the items and just collect the payment info?

Or maybe someone can suggest a solution to this?

Sep 14 2008 23:35:11

SunshinePuppy

I am very much a novice, but have managed to set up a basic website with paypal buttons and a paypal shopping cart. I'd like to switch from paypal to mals because I like the mals cart better and I'd like to accept credit cards through the costco merchant services.
    Is there any way to tweak all the paypal buttons I already have set up so that they redirect to a mals cart or do I need to redo all my buttons from scratch.
    Also, curious how to set up buttons with mals that have multiple options, like a box where the consumer can choose which color they want out of 15 color choices.
    Thanks!

Sep 15 2008 01:11:36

Stuff4beauty

My order notifications are not going to my secondary choice email address at ALL and looks like they have not been all week. It is a hotmail account and I set it up this way so I am able to retrieve the orders through email format from any location. From 1:30 to 5:30 today order notifications did not go to my main email address either. Is there a way to have the emails resent? There are quite a few orders that I did not get notification of. And, yes... I checked all possibilities before posting, junkmail etc...... Also, why am I not getting any order notifications to my hotmail account. I was getting them fine, and then they just quit.

Sep 15 2008 01:21:07

Cherry

I have been able to change all the five buttons allowed in the buttons setting area but how do I change the complete order button? It is the only one that is still an html button.

Thanks!

Sep 15 2008 01:23:11

Cherry

I have the correct username but it is saying that the username is not found when I try to download or login? What am I missing here?
    Thanks!

Sep 15 2008 02:19:06

napomom

Edited: I am trying to add the options of quantity, color and personalization for back of wrapper....but when i click buy now it tells me my cart is empty.

here is my code...thank you!

<form action="http://www.aitsafe.com/cf/addmulti.cfm"; method="post">
    <input type="Hidden" name="price1" value="35">
    <input type="Hidden" name="price2" value="35">
    <input type="Hidden" name="price3" value="35">
    <input type="Hidden" name="price4" value="35">
    <input type="Hidden" name="price5" value="35">
    <input type="Hidden" name="return" value="www.thegiftsworthgiving.com/scarecrowcandybars.htm">;
    <input type="Hidden" name="userid" value="4435932">

<table width="96%" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" border="0">
    <tr>
    <td width="67" bgcolor="SILVER" valign=top>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2"><b>Quantity</b></font></td>
    <td width="125" bgcolor="SILVER" valign=top>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2"><b>Color</b></font></td>
    <td width="264" bgcolor="SILVER" valign=top>
    <font face="Verdana" size="2"><b>Personalization for Back
    of Wrapper</b></font></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="67" valign=top>
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type=text name="qty1" size="5" maxlength="4"></font></td>
    <td width="125" valign=top><font face="Verdana" size="2">GREEN</font></td>

<td width="264" valign=top align="right">
    <b>
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type=text name="product[]1" size="40" maxlength="40"></font></b></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type=text name="qty2" size="5" maxlength="4"></font></td>
    <td width="125" valign=top><font face="Verdana" size="2">YELLOW</font></td>
    <b>
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type=text name="qty7" size="40" maxlength="4"></font></b></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type=text name="qty3" size="5" maxlength="4"></font></td>
    <td width="125" valign=top><font face="Verdana" size="2">PURPLE</font></td>
    <b>
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type=text name="qty8" size="40" maxlength="4"></font></b></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="67" valign=top style="font-family: Trebuchet MS; font-size: small; color: #000000">
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type=text name="qty4" size="5" maxlength="4"></font></td>
    <td width="125" valign=top style="font-family: Trebuchet MS; font-size: small; color: #000000">
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">BLUE</font></td>
    <td width="264" valign=top align="right" style="font-family: Trebuchet MS; font-size: small; color: #000000">
    <b>
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type=text name="qty9" size="40" maxlength="4"></font></b></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="67" valign=top style="font-family: Trebuchet MS; font-size: small; color: #000000">
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type=text name="qty5" size="5" maxlength="4"></font></td>
    <td width="125" valign=top style="font-family: Trebuchet MS; font-size: small; color: #000000">
    <font face="Verdana" size="2">ORANGE</font></td>
    <td width="264" valign=top align="right" style="font-family: Trebuchet MS; font-size: small; color: #000000">
    <b>
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type=text name="qty10" size="40" maxlength="4"></font></b></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td width="67" valign=top></td>
    <td width="125" valign=top></td>
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="2">
    <font face="Verdana">
    <input type="submit" value="Buy Now"></font><font face="Verdana" size="2">
    </font>